HISTORY OF THE CUBIT
Originally founded as American Braiding Company in 1918 this Holyoke Massachusetts Company was one of the first insulators of wire and cable. The name was changed to American Electric Cable and during their heyday AEC was operating three shifts out of a 55,000 square foot facility and was a significant supplier to hundreds of companies including Allen Bradley-Rockwell, Emerson Electric and Monster Cable to name a few.
AEC’s struggles started in the early 2000’s and through their nine years as Cubit Wire. Unable to adjust to the Modern manufacturing times the company closed their doors on February 15th, 2013. The building was purchased on April 22nd, 2015 by Nestingly 181, LLC – a Holyoke company managed by brothers Marco & Denis Luzuriaga.